Volunteers are an invaluable asset to Sherwood Autism Center. Over 350 volunteers dedicate their time to Sherwood every year and tremendously further what we are able to accomplish as an organization. Our mission with this program is to provide meaningful opportunities where help is needed most within the organization. Volunteers come to Sherwood with a wide variety of skill sets — we appreciate your interest in getting involved and would love to find a position that works well for you!
If you are interested in volunteering with Sherwood Autism Center, you must:
- Be 18 years or older to volunteer alone in group or individual activities.
- Be accompanied and supervised by a parent or guardian if you are under 18 years old. Must be at least 5 years or older to participate in the program.
- Be 21+ for event-specific opportunities (Beat the Blues, We Dig Sherwood, and Blues & BBQ).
- Possess a respectful and positive attitude while at our facility or event.
- Support the mission of Sherwood Autism Center.
- There is currently no long-term commitment required when you sign up to volunteer at Sherwood Autism Center.
- A one-page volunteer waiver must be filled out and returned to participate. You will receive this upon arrival for your volunteer shift.
- We kindly ask that if you are unable to attend a volunteer activity and need to cancel, please let the Development Coordinator know 24-hours in advance.
To learn more about our volunteer program and see the individual and group opportunities to volunteer at Sherwood Autism Center, click here.
If you are interested in volunteering, please contact Kelsey Derohanian at email@example.com or 816-381-9335.